ECT Privacy Policy

Enfield Council Newly Qualified Teacher Induction Privacy Notice

You are providing your information to Enfield Council’s NQT Appropriate Body Service, The Council’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted via

Your information is collected for the purpose of statutory induction as required to fulfil the council’s duties under legislation, Sections 135A, 135B and 141C(1)(b), of the Education Act 2002 and associated Education (Induction Arrangements for School Teachers) (England) Regulations 2012.

The information will be shared with the headteacher/principal and induction mentor of the school/setting in which you undertake the process. The information is shared with these members of staff in your school to validate your quality teacher status in the first instance to enable them to fulfil their statutory duties as required for induction of newly qualified teachers.

The categories of personal data that will be processed include contact (name, address, telephone number, email address), date of birth, national insurance number and teacher qualification details.

The information will be retained for nine years after the completion of induction and will be processed in adherence to your legal rights, including but not limited to the right to access and right to rectification. If you wish for your record to be deleted after 6 years (legal minimum) then please email The reason for longer retention is due to the number of queries received from NQTs after the usual 6 year period.

Your information will not be shared with any organisation other than the school/setting in which you work and the Teaching Regulation Agency for the purposes of claiming you for induction and updating your induction status. If you move schools part way through your induction and request transferral of your assessment forms to a new Appropriate Body then we will share the information only with the new Appropriate Body and employing school to allow your continued induction.

If you are dissatisfied with the processing of your information, you can raise your concern with the council’s data protection officer. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (

Further information can be found at